A classic favorite, chocolate and banana. It's an easy recipe that anyone can attempt. For healthier version, you can use whole wheat flour and brown sugar.
This bread will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container and can also be frozen, It is a great companion with a cup of tea/coffee or a glass of milk. You can easily turns this into a delectable dessert when paired with chocolate sauce or vanilla ice cream.
MARBLED CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Yield : One loaf
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
3 tablespoon water
* Sift flour, salt and baking soda. Grease a loaf pan and preheat oven @ 175 C.
* In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter, mashed banana and vanilla.
* Now combine flour and milk mixture, stir until just combined. Remove 1 cup of batter into a bowl.
* Combine cocoa with water, add this to 1 cup of batter.
* Spoon plain batter alternately with cocoa batter into loaf pan. Repeat until all batter is used up. Swirl with the knife.
* Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool in pan 5 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.
* Slice to serve.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER