LABRLS




Sunday, September 1, 2013

HOMEMADE APPLE ROLLS

Yeast Rolls Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


We are having Homemade Apple Rolls for warm breakfast food in our home. I like to make them from scratch.

As with yeast, for this Homemade Apple Roll, you will need to plan ahead but it's so worth it. The apple filling can be well prepared a day before and keep refrigerated. It is cooked using microwave but could be done on stove top by combining all the filling ingredients, let cook for 10 minutes with  constant stirring. Leave to cool completely before use.

Unlike regular rolls, these rolls are baked as a log then equally slice after baking.

This dough works up beautifully, it is easy to do and they are so good.



Yeast Rolls Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com



HOMEMADE APPLE ROLLS
Yield   : 10 rolls

2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
3/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Extra butter for brushing

APPLE FILLING

3  medium apples  grated
4-5  tablespoon  brown sugar/white sugar or to taste
1  tablespoon  lemon juice
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

METHOD FOR FILLING

Peel,  core and grate the apples. Place apple and  brown sugar  in a microwavable bowl.

Microwave on High for 5 minutes.

Stir in the lemon juice  and  microwave again on high for another 5 minutes. Mix in ground cinnamon.

Remove and cool. Keep refrigerated in an  airtight container.

METHOD FOR  ROLLS

Place flour and yeast in a mixing bowl.

Combine milk, sugar and salt in a separate bowl, stir well.

Now add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, forms into soft dough using a mixer or by hand.

Transfer dough onto floured surface and knead by hand until smooth for 10 minutes or 8 minutes using a mixer.

Place dough  into oiled and covered bowl, let rise until double for 1.5 hours.

Punch dough down, roll out dough into rectangle about 10 x 12 in.


Yeast Rolls Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


Brush  the dough with  softened butter leaving  1 in bare edge along one long side.  Spread apple filling evenly over the dough . 


Yeast Rolls Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


Starting with long edge, roll up dough into a tight cylinder, pinch seams to seal.  

Place  dough, seam side down  in a loaf  pan.  Let sit for 45 minutes, towards the end of rising time, heat the oven @ 190 C.

Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown, transfer onto rack to cool.

Using sharp knife, equally cut into 1 in thick slice to serve. 



Bookmark and Share

   Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

59 comments:

curiositaellya said...

Yummm...looks delicious...! Pinning.

llya

Recipe world said...

Looks irresistible!

Rafeeda AR said...

Looks really yum... a healthy breakfast!!!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

I love apple pie to bits so this is perfect :D
Bookmarked!

Cheers
CCU

Anonymous said...

just perfect for my bruch snacking....
btw, i think a little touch of cinnamon would made it perfect!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh I'm in love it looks so yummy!!!

sushmitha said...

Looking delicious :)

Unknown said...

I love these rolls. Simple and Easy to make recipe. Love the clicks :)

CbeFoodBlogger said...

The rolls looks so soft and yumm

Priya Suresh said...

Very cute and prefectly baked rolls.

Winnie said...

These are absolutely wonderful!!
We are celebrating Rosh-Hashanah this week, and these are just perfect for this holiday!!
Saving the recipe :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious. That would be great to have with tea or coffee. Here in The Netherlands we don't eat things like that after dinner or as breakfast ; )
Hugs

Unknown said...

Wow this looks like store brought ...

Unknown said...

Looks great!

easyfoodsmith said...

Apple Rolls look so pretty and yummy.

Lisa said...

Looks amazing! Delicious dessert!

Unknown said...

This looks great! I am printing off this one and saving it. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for linking up with The Great Blog Train!

Laura @ Mice in The Kitchen
http://www.miceinthekitchen.com/

curiositaellya said...

This looks so tasty. I love food with apples...pinning it. Thank you for the recipe.

Ellya
@CuriositaEllya

mjskit said...

YUM! I could eat this whole roll by myself! Just the smell of it baking would drive me nuts. What a great treat for the transition into fall!

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Yumo! Loving all the apple and pumpkin recipes coming out this week! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

Juliana said...

Oh! This apple roll looks delicious, I have a lots of apples in the fridge...I can see a good use of it...
Thanks for the inspiration and hope you are having a wonderful week :D

Nilu A said...

Amazing rolls.. These look to die for.. Fabulous clicks.. Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

Shannon {Cozy Country Living} said...

Wow these look great! Perfect on a cool fall morning:)

Unknown said...

YUM! Those looks delicious...I love pretty much anything to do with apples though :) I'd love it if you would stop by and link it up at my new link party, Feed Me Friday!

Rosita Vargas said...

Este rollo se ve muy rico para mi desayuno es adorable con manzanas,saludos y abrazos

Amy said...

Your HOMEMADE APPLE ROLLS are looking warm and comforting. I would love these for breakfast too especially in Fall and winter!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Coming over from the Fun in Functional Party... nice recipe. Linda

Katerina said...

This is a very inviting and comforting breakfast idea!

Tiffany said...

I would love to wake up to these baking!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I would love to wake up to these baking!!!!!

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

This looks amazing, I definitely have to try it! In case you didn't see it earlier, I featured this on my blog today! I'm stopping by to pin, and to let you know you can grab a Featured button if you don't already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.com/8-delicious-dessert-recipes/

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks so good! I just love that it is going to be apple season here soon! :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/09/try-new-recipe-tuesday-september-10.html

Unknown said...

Tried it today and It is Yummy

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Thank you for sharing this at the Pinworthy Project Party at Planned in Pencil, I adore apple desserts so I'm definitely going to have to try this!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Those look amazing! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

veena said...

Hi
I baked these and it turned out so soft and delicious. I have blogged about it here
http://www.veenasvegnation.com/2013/11/apple-rolls.html
Thanks for sharing such a lovely reicpe

Marigene said...

Looks delicious!

Joanne said...

That looks amazing! Pinning this right now... can't wait to try it.

Mary K. said...

Who can resist a yummy apple recipe. I can't wait to go apple picking.

Unknown said...

These look absolutely delicious - perfect for Fall! They remind me of apple strudels that my mother used to make for us when we were kids. I am not much of a baker, but this looks like something I might be able to make. Thanks for the recipe idea!

A Crafty Mix said...

OMW, this sounds and looks so delicious. I'm a terrible baker, but my daughter is a super star. I'll pass the recipe on to her so she can spoil her mom one of these weekends

Jess said...

YUM! These sound amazing!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie @ My Wee Abode said...

These look delicious! Would love to have you come and link-up at Homestyle Gathering via Myweeabode.com . Here by way of Celebrate Your Story. :-)

Marisa Franca @ Allourway said...

What a wonderful dessert. Reminds me of a struedel. I love apple filling this is a great Fall dessert.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

These look so easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing at the picnic party!

Laurie L Cover said...

That does look delicious. We currently have quite a few apples that we picked for sauce. Might try this idea for my family. It would be a change from apple crisp.

Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop! You are featured this week!

Blessings, Laurie

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

This makes me hungry just looking at it. So yummy! #HomeMattersParty

Rebecca - Glutarama said...

I love this look of this Apple Roll, anything made with apple get my vote, perfect for this time of the year. #FullPlateThursday

Veronica Lee said...

I can eat a dozen of these! Yummmmm!

Happy Tuesday!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

What a treat to have these warm rolls for breakfast! Thanks for linking.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

YUM, looks good, bet it tastes good too!! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 83. Shared.

Carol said...

This looks like the perfect recipe for apple-picking season this fall. Pinned to my Recipes board.
Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 35.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Christy G said...

Yum. This looks so good. I will have to try it. I love that you could even swap out the fruit too if desired.

Rudbekia said...

YUMM...delicius.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delicious recipes at our What's for Dinner party!! Hope your weekend is full of Spring sunshine!

NCSue said...

Gosh that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/04/beautiful-quilts.html

Vintage Style Gal said...

Oh my! I am a fan of anything with apples in it. Sounds delicious.

Tammy said...

Oooh what a delicious and fabulous treat! These look so good..I wish I had one with my coffee in the morning.

Estelle Forrest said...

This sounds like a perfect fall recipe! Thanks so much for sharing over on SSPS, we hope to see you again next week