LABRLS




Sunday, October 26, 2014

ROCK CAKES

Rock Cakes Eggless  Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


It has been more than 2 decades  I have eaten these Rock Cakes, made them in my Home Economics class.   Using basic ingredients of butter, sugar, flour and raisin you can transform these into your favorite by adding chocolate chips,  other dried fruit, nuts, spices or zest  but  I prefer to stick to the basic recipe

In the past we used the rubbing in method but now I change the way you prepare these  Rock Cakes by  mixing  the  melted butter in the dough.

My house was filled with fantastic aroma while baking these  little treats.  They are crunchy outside but soft inside

Rock Cakes Eggless Recipe  @ treatntrick.blogspot.com



ROCK CAKES
Yield  30

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup castor sugar removed 2 tablespoon
60 g melted butter
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup raisin
1 tablespoon or more  water if needed


METHOD

Preheat oven  @  175 C.

Combine flour, sugar and  raisin in a mixing bowl.

Make a well in the center, add milk and  melted butter, stir gently to combine, if still crumbly add a tablespoon of cold water.

Drop heaped tablespoonfuls onto baking tray, allowing room for spreading.

Bake 10-15 minutes until firm  to touch.

Let sit in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to wire  rack.

Store in an airtight container.

Rock Cakes Eggless Recipe  @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cake looks rocks. Yummyyyyyyyyyyy.

Nargis Aara said...

Such a simple recipe and wonderful cake :D

Julie said...

cute ones!

Unknown said...

Lovely

Lifewithspices said...

these lil rockies r looking so damn cute

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Oh yes..I used to have them when I was a kid :) I just love them :) thanks for reminding and for the recipe.

Winnie said...

Definitely my kind of cookies!
I'd probably eat them all :)
I wonder why they're called "Rock"

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

What a cool name for a delicious snack :D
Definitely want to try it!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Jess said...

Oh wow...what a neat recipe!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Katerina said...

Delicious little treats!

Unknown said...

Superb cookies,Iam going to try this as it has no baking soda or baking powder.,lovely clicks

Unknown said...

Superb cookies,Iam going to try this as it has no baking soda or baking powder.,lovely clicks

KC the Kitchen Chopper said...

I love when recipes are versatile. Your Rock Cookies look delish. Hope to see you again Thursday 9:00 PM EST. Pinned. http://www.theKitchenChopper.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming and linking up at #TheWeekendSocial. Please be sure to come back this week starting Thursday at 9PM EST on KitchenDreaming.com ! I hope to see you there! Pinned

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing this at the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party. We're glad to have ya!

Have a great day!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Nora, I actually prefer scones, but have always loved the name "Rock Cakes" because, well, rock cakes! A baked good name that's right up there with fat rascals.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

These sound really good. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

Teresa B said...

love the name of these! Thank you for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

They sound yummy! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - I love the goodies you bring! Have a wonderful week.

Sylvia | Grace for a Gypsy said...

These look so good. Stopping by again to say thanks for linking up at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 4

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

No chocolate chips for me. I'll take a pair of your lovely traditional raisin rock cakes to go with the cup of tea I'm drinking right now!

Gluten Free Alchemist said...

I can't remember the last time I had a rock cake... Probably in my childhood.
Thanks for sharing xx
#whatsfordinner

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Those look good! But why are they called Rock cakes? Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - Have a fabulous week.

Joanne said...

I have never heard of rock cakes but they sound good! Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

These sound tasty! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Debra | Gma'sPhoto said...

These rock cakes look and sound very delicious. I will definitely give this recipe a try, using chocolate chips! Thank you for sharing.
Take care and best wishes.

Debra | Gma'sPhoto said...


Hi, I'm excited to announce your post will be featured at the next Gma'sPhoto | ge•ner•ic Linkup Party #8.
Take care and best wishes.