I have not baked any bread for weeks but decided to bake my son favorite Mini Raisin Bun this time.
If you're a bread baker, you will know that most of sweet bread using almost the same recipe with slight variations on ingredients or method.
Enjoy this tasty Mini Raisin Bun for breakfast or in between snack.. Love to serve them in bite size portion instead of regular one. Am using dark raisin but golden raisin can be added too.
You can also turn the dough into a loaf by baking it in a loaf pan.
MINI RAISIN BUN
Yield : 14 mini buns
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon melted butter
2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 cup warm milk
1 cup raisin
1 tsp salt
* Place water, sugar, yeast, butter and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
* Add the flour by cupful , mix well until a stiff dough is formed..
* Transfer dough onto floured board, knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Place dough into oiled and covered bowl, let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
* Punch the dough down, add in the raisin, mix well then shape into small balls and place onto greased loaf pan. Keep covered for 45 minutes.Preheat oven @ 180 C towards the end of rising time.
* Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is browned and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped with your finger, in a preheated oven.
* Brush with melted butter and transfer onto rack to cool.