Looking for a cake with fresh fruit? Well I have just baked a moist and no-fail Fresh Apple Cake with perfect amount of sweetness plus large chunks of apple, this adds a great flavor and texture to this cake..
This Fresh Apple Cake uses fresh apple. Mine is made of granny smith but other varieties such as gala, red delicious, McIntosh or combination of them should work too. Don't use a food processor to chop the apples. It should be roughly chopped into 1/2 in chunk.
Use a simple drizzled glaze or serve it plain. Prefer to omit the glaze since it it well sweetened. already. You can also dust the cake with icing sugar.
Not only is this Fresh Apple cake really yummy but it is also very easy to prepare. So give this recipe a try and let us know if you think this cake is the best!
FRESH APPLE CAKE
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
115 g melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 med granny smith apple cored, peeled, chopped
* Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Preheat oven @ 180 C. Grease 7 inch pan.
* Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla
* Now add dry ingredients with the butter mixture, stir until just combined. Mix in apples.
* Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool on pan 10 minutes, transfer into rack to cool. Slice to serve.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER