This Butter Cake with Chocolate Sprinkles is not an overly sweet cake. Importantly it was super easy to make, This butter cake is for a moist, light cake that's wonderful as it is but can be used as the basic recipe for 3 other good cake - orange, walnut and chocolate cake with slight adjustments.
If you're not a fan of sprinkles, you can leave that out and still it turned out great. Use a mixer to blend the batter well but I used my hand held beater to do the job.
Did you notice that this cake is baked using slow temperature (160 C) and baked at longer time (40-45 minutes), When you used high heat it tends to crack on top
BUTTER CAKE W?CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES
200 g all purpose flour
200 g butter cold
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup chocolate rice (sprinkles)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Preheat oven @ 160 C, grease 8 in cake pan, Mix together chocolate rice with 3 tablespoon sifted flour.
3. Beat together butter, essence and sugar until light and fluffy. .
4. Add in eggs, one at a time , beat until well blended.
5. Mix in flour little by little, alternating with milk and condensed milk. Add in chocolate sprinkles. Stir well.
6. Pour into 8 inches greased pan, bake for 40--45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Sit in pan for 10 minutes before transferring onto rack to cool.