LABRLS




Sunday, May 24, 2015

APPLE & RAISIN SCONES

Scones Recipe @treatntrick.blogspot.com
Add caption
I love scones.  They are so versatile, you can choose from sweet with variety of fruits or  cheese ones and not to mention extremely easy.  This time, I had plenty of granny smith apples.  So this apple is going to be my baking project this week.

Always prefer to make a small batch so just used one and quarter cup of flour.  With this recipe  you could get  9 x 2.5 in  scones, just  sufficient for the small family.

Making scone is almost  the same as  baking pie or tart.  This requires you to blend dry ingredients with cold butter using your finger tips until it resembles  bread crumbs. The secret of good scones are not to handle the dough too much before baking.  It should be sticky and not too dry. Dip your cutter in flour each time before cutting out the dough.

Despite  containing  no eggs in the recipe, the scones are well risen, feather light, soft and utterly delicious.

My family enjoyed them fresh from the oven without any preserves or butter but prefer to add one more apple next time I bake them.


Apple & Raisin Scones Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com



APPLE & RAISIN SCONES
Makes  9

1 1/4  cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1 granny smith apple grated
1/3 cup raisin
1/4 cup milk
extra milk for topping

Scones recipe @treatntrick.blogspot.com


METHOD

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add in milk and forms into a dough, fold in the grated apple..

Turn onto floured surface, knead gently  6-8 times. Divide into 2 portion.

On floured board, stamp out each portion into 2.5 in rounds.  Complete the rest of the dough.

Transfer rounds  onto baking sheet, brush tops with milk.  Preheat oven at 180 C.

Bake until golden brown for 20 minutes.

Remove from pan to a  wire rack. Serve warm.

Scones recipe  @treatntrick.blogspot.com


Apple & Raisin Scones Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Other breakfast recipes:

Kaya Pancake Muffin
3 Ingredients Oatmeal Cookies
Egg Free French Toast

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL   /  GOOGLE+

18 comments:

Beena said...

Looks very cute and yum

Unknown said...

Mmm, I love scones! Mine never turn out very good though, lol.

Erlene said...

I'm not a big scone eater, but my hubby likes them. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us on Merry Monday. Pinning.

Rafeeda AR said...

delicious scones...

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Yummy! This would be perfect breakfast!

Motions and Emotions said...

lovely eggless scone recipe

Recipe world said...

Simple and nice recipe..scones look yum!

Julie said...

love to have them with a cup of coffee,yumm

Katerina said...

I love apples in baking!

Priya said...

Perfect scones..Yumm

Tanya said...

I have never had apple raisin scones, but I do love scones! Thanks for linking up to smallvictoriessundaylinkup!

Padma said...

Scones look absolutely delicious and tempting!!

Unknown said...

Look freshly baked and yummy.

Sandra said...

Looks like a delicious recipe! I have never made scones,I will be pinning this recipe to try!

Emily said...

It's been years since I made scones, I need to try these. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Looks tasty! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 11, open April 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I’d like to invite you to check out my other current link parties too!

French Ethereal said...

Another yummy delish recipe for the box... Thanks for linking up so I could share your recipe at Share Your Style #274 this week. <3 Pinned, as always.

Happy fall hugs,
Barb :)

Carol said...

Oh my goodness -- my mouth is watering just thinking about eating these scones with coffee for breakfast. Yum! I'm pinning this recipe. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 55.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com