LABRLS




Sunday, November 1, 2015

VANILLA CAKE IN A JAR I HOW TO

Vanilla Cake In a Jar Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com



A simple and easy way to make individual  servings of dessert that are perfectly portable  is baking in a jar,  These are super cute  and a great  way to put up my canning jars for a good use. Baking in jars give you an opportunity to present packaged baked  goods to your friends and family.   Wrap  pretty ribbon around the sealed jars complete with a special card.

You can use any basic cake recipe but I  prefer  this simple and quick ones.  There are  so many recipes that can be baked in jars.  Vanilla Cake In a Jar is baked with melted butter instead of oil and added just half a cup of sugar, this suits my taste.

This  Vanilla Cake In a Jar recipe  filled  3 jars of  18-oz, this  is  the size I had at the moment.   By using a 12-oz jar, you could get more than 3 definitely.  It is important to use wide mouth canning jars for filling the batter with ease and would slide out easily.  Make sure the use a proper jars that can withstand the heat and safe for baking..

Vanilla Cake In a Jar Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

VANILLA CAKE IN A JAR I HOW TO
Yield   :   3 jars

2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

METHOD

Preheat oven @ 175  C and  oil  your jars really well using pastry brush. . .

With a whisk, combine flour and  baking powder  in a bowl.

In a separate bowl,  beat together  melted butter , egg, sugar, vanilla  and  milk. .

Pour wet  mixture into dry ingredients, stir until  just combined.

Carefully spoon mixture into  jars, fill only half full,  Put  jars  in  8 in pan. put the  pan in the preheated oven,  bake for  40-50  minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.  Remove and allow to cool.

Vanilla Cake In a Jar Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Vanilla Cake In a Jar Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL 
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

41 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

very nice idea...

Carlee said...

What a fun idea! And they look so portable, perfect for a picnic!

Beena said...

Interesting recipe. Love it

Motions and Emotions said...

wow...this is a very nice idea...it would be handy for carrying cakes when you are travelling

The Striped Pearl said...

I have never made a cake in a jar. This is such a clever idea! These would make great little gifts to drop off for someone having a rough day. You know...make a batch and swing by a friend's house to leave them a happy treat. This would be so much faster than mixing up a batch of cookies too. Thanks for sharing! -Kelli

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Will have to give these a try. They look yummy:)

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Cake in a jar! That sounds so interesting!

Sowmiasgalley said...

Woww.. What an innovative share... This cake is so tempting

Katerina said...

This is so fun to make! Looks delicious!

Winnie said...

Wowwww
How unique!!
I've never baked a cake in a jar, and I'm loving what I see

Julie said...

looks delicious n perfectly made in a jar

Danita said...

Wow! Very cool :) #SmallVictories

Unknown said...

What a cute idea (though I have to admit, you can cook cake in anything and I'll eat it...LOL)! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!
xoxo
Lisa

Lexie Robinson said...

I love treats in a jar, I think they make such great gifts. Thank you for sharing!

Jess said...

Oh my gosh...this sounds so delicious!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

KayMil said...

Wow, I had no idea this was even a thing that you could do! I totally have to try this!

Thanks so much for joining the Alder Collective Link-Up! Pinning this and we hope to see you again next week!

Rosita Vargas said...

Muy novedoso y tentador me encanta,abrazos

Rosita Vargas said...

se ve muy rico y novedoso,saludos y abrazos

Unknown said...

Wooow....a stunning visual treat...what a nice innovative idea

Unknown said...

Looks so good - Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.

Indrani said...

OMG! Cake in a jar! Best creation ever!

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

This delicious post received the most "clicks" on last month's Great Blog Train & is being featured on my blog: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/12/november-2015-great-blog-train-results.html
Also, please link up to the December Train ride (blog hop) - we are visiting the Host's homes for Christmas!
Thanks
Angie

Unknown said...

Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful information Wide Mouth Containers

Sylvia | Grace for a Gypsy said...

I Love this idea! Cake in jars in gift baskets for Christmas! Got me thinking!

The Lazy Gastronome said...

sounds like a simple and delicious treat - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Have a fabulous week.

Teresa B said...

Sounds delicious, and it certainly is an original way to bake a cake. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty link Party. Pinned.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These look delicious and fun! Featuring when my link party opens up tonight!

Kristie from Love My Little Cottage said...

Is it really moist? I love the idea of a cake-in-a-jar!

Kippi O'Hern said...

Great idea I just pinned this recipe!
Please share it on my site at the YTS blog hop.
kippiathome.com

Lisa Lombardo said...

This looks wonderful! I've never tried baking in a jar! I found your post on You're the Star and I would love to have you join the party on Farm Fresh Tuesdays today!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Yummy! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 37. Pinned!

NCSue said...

What an interesting concept! Looks tasty.
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-return-of-butterfly.html

Carol said...

I've never seen a cake baked in a jar! As the holidays approach, I'm thinking these would make nice gifts for friends and neighbors.
Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 43.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at Food Friday 11 for Recipes in a Jar. Shared.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

CONGRATS Nora! Your post is FEATURED at Food Friday 12 for Christmas Recipes from the previous linkup for Recipes in a Jar!

NCSue said...

That's so clever! Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/a-new-recipe-and-healthy-recipe-for.html

Food nutters said...

What a beautiful idea! I love these sweets in jars, they are so much easier to make and look so delicious when you put them on the table.

Slabs said...

Love the idea of having a single serving in a small glass jar.
I visited you via the Linkup Party at What I Read in June 2023
My entries this week = 21+22. Come and share your posts with us at SSPS and you will have an opportunity to get featured.
We're open Monday through Saturday every week.
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar
We hope to meet you there virtually

Vintage Style Gal said...

I have always wanted to make cake in jars, my husband thinks it is the best idea ever! Ha! Thank you so much for sharing Nora, I need to get busy in the kitchen, but have been a bit lax here lately.

NCSue said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and your photos at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-teapot-show-cedar-creek-pottery.html

Debra | Gma'sPhoto.website said...

I will certainly give this a try. Especially with the holidays around the corner!
I appreciate you linking up at Gma'sPhoto | ge•ner•ic Linkup Party!
Take care and best wishes.