Pizza is the most popular food in the world, wherever you go you can find it. You can even order them from your home. It was a favorite for everyone since the topping it is easily adaptable to suit your personal preference but it vegetarian or non vegetarian type.
Last weekend, we have a guest visiting my place so I thought why not making this SPICY CHICKEN PIZZA for them. Play around with this basic pizza recipe and make your own selection of toppings. In case you don't eat chicken, you can check my Homemade Tuna Pizza, Potato Pizza or Sour Cream Pizza.
The first step in the process is making the dough since it requires time to rise. Add some additional flavor to the crust like oregano, basil. garlic, black pepper if you like before mixing the dough. While waiting for pizza, you can prepare the chicken by sauteing the garlic, add in chicken, chili powder and cilantro. You can omit the chili powder altogether if cooking for young children or adjust to suit your heat tolerance.
I used ready made tomato sauce but if you have time, you can make an awesome sauce at home. You can even use leftover spaghetti sauce , add little basil and garlic to spice it up or bbq sauce as well.
This SPICY CHICKEN PIZZA recipe is what my family uses and frequently modifies. They easily fit 2 pan of 15 x 10 in. You can bake it using a round pizza pan if you have one.
SPICY CHICKEN PIZZA RECIPE
Yield : 2
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon dry yeast
1 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1.5 cup warm water
3/4 cup tomato sauce
500 g boneless chicken cut into 1/2 in cubes
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 cloves minced garlic
2 big onion sliced
2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro divided
* Combine yeast with sugar and water, keep for 15 minutes until frothy.
* In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, water and yeast mixture. Knead by hand for 10 minutes or use stand mixer. Keep covered for 2 hours.
* Mean time, prepare the chicken. Heat oil in the pan, fry the minced garlic, add in chicken. 1 table chili powder, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cilantro.
* Deflate the dough, divide into 2 balls. Press each into 15 x 10 in rectangle and place them onto baking pan.
* Apply the sauce, sprinkle the chicken evenly over sauce, Top with onion, cilantro and cheese, and let sit for 30 minutes. Towards the end of proofing time, preheat oven @ 200 C.
* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Wishing everyone a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER