LABRLS




Sunday, April 23, 2017

MANGO CAKE RECIPE


A homemade Mango Cake made with fresh mango.  Always love to add a fruit in my dessert.   I left with no more mango so unable to use this fruit for topping or as a prop.

Used fresh pureed mango but you can make use of canned one too. Make sure you drain the fruit well.

Adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of the mango, may be you need not use all the amount stated in the recipe.  For richer cake, opt for melted butter instead of vegetable oil.

Mango Cake turned out great without cracks on top.  You can definitely play around with your favorite frosting to dress up this cake.


Other cake recipes you should try:

Fresh Apple Cake

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Low Fat Banana Cake Eggless



MANGO CAKE RECIPE
Serves  :    8
1. 5 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup mango puree
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil/melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven @ 170 C and grease 8 in cake pan.

Whisk together plain flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

With a whisk or mixer, beat sugar and eggs until fluffy,  add in oil/butter, vanilla, mango puree  and salt.  Beat until well blended,

Combine egg mixture with dry ingredients, stir until no lumps remain.

Spoon batter onto prepared pan, bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool in pan 20 minutes,  transfer onto rack to cool.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL 

GOOGLE+ / TWITTER


12 comments:

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

OOOOHHH! THIS sounds like it would be soooo moist and delicious!

Motions and Emotions said...

perfect for this season

Jess said...

This sounds so amazing!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Balvinder said...

I love mango cakes. I wish I could eat one slice right now.

Teresa B said...

We're huge mango fans at our house, and I've used mango puree as cake frosting before, but I've never actually made a mango cake. Thank you for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty Link Party, I will definitely try it out one of these days.

shelley said...

This looks delicious - cant' wait to try it!

Stephanie Abbott said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing at To Grandmas House We Go!

Eclectic Red Barn said...

Always looking for recipes that use mangoes. Our trees are loaded this year so I will have plenty. This cake looks great.
Thanks for sharing,
Bev

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Sorry it took so long to visit – I’ve been off on vacation! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

Mary K. said...

I have never tried this before and in fact I may or may not have tasted a mango many years ago. But this looks like such a yummy treat. Pinning.

Simple Life Mom said...

I've never eaten a mango bread before. It sounds amazing! Definitely saving this one. Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop.

Sarita @ An Off Grid Life said...

I haven't made mango bread before - but this sounds like a wonderful spring treat. Thanks for sharing at The Homestead Blog Hop. Would love to have you join us again this week!